Wednesday, November 5, 2008

2 Week Recap

First things first... I DID get a deer on the last evening of the deer hunt!! When Trevor came home from work we went out for the final hunt... Trevor saw it first, he looked through the scope to see if it had horns. It was a spike, so he told me to shoot it. We were sitting in the truck, and I was getting ready to shoot it... It was so small, I actually asked Trevor if it was worth it. He said... "If you want to shoot a deer this year, you better take your shot." Luckily the deer was still standing there when I finished the debate. I took a shot... and the deer went down! Of course I made Trevor gut it. Even though it was just a small spike, I was proud of my deer. It is after all my very first one! I might post a picture if I ever get it off of Miste's camera!

This last weekend we went up to Salt Lake. It was a short but good trip. We went up on Halloween and stayed til Sunday. On Saturday, Trevor and I had our first time Cabela's experience. It was pretty fun to see all the animals they have in there. They have a lot of really great stuff, but unfortunately you have to be rich to shop there!! Later that evening Andrea, Rebs, Bradley, Julie, and the two of us got together. We ate homemade french fries and corn dogs, frosted Halloween sugar cookies, and watched the football games. It was a fattening good time!
Sunday, Brandon blessed little Paisley. So we all went up to Layton for that. After church we ate dinner and celebrated McCoy's 2nd birthday. We had a really good time up there!

Now we are back to everyday life!!
I'll try to post some pictures the next chance I get!

3 comments:

Janeen said...

Hey girl, hope you don't mind me checkin on ya! You guys are so cute, I am so happy for you. You look and sound like your having so much fun! Being married is the best!

Nathan and Erin Mecham said...

Hey Heidi,Congrats on the deer. I decided to make my blog private, so if you want e-mail me so I can invite you to look at it. My e-mail is erin_12@hotmail.com.

Ricci Harvey said...

Hey, I don't mind you checking out our blog at all, I miss you! I didn't know you hunt! That's crazy! I've always been into guns and that and I've still never got a stupid deer! lol