More about Kelson
Well, I thought I'd fill you in on how lucky I really was in labor and delivery. I was admitted at 8:20 to get started. The pitocin bag wasn't hung until about 10:00, and I started having contractions around 10:30ish. I was pretty slow moving. When the doc checked me around 9:00 I was dialated to what he said..."a finger tip" they upped the pitocin every half hour or so. He checked me again around 1:00 and I was only dialated to a 2+, but I was about 80% effaced. So, he broke my water. I got the epidural around 2:30 (I think). Those epidurals sure are nice!! I was checked again around 4:30 and I was at 4+ so the doctor went home, and said I'll see you when they page me. Well, around 5:45 the nurse was about to go off shift so she did what she thought would be her final check. I was dialated to a 9! She decided to stay, and I was glad because she was such a fabulous nurse. So, I only pushed for about 15 minutes and Kelson was born at 6:33! It was so amazing!Well, we came home on Friday afternoon. His biliruben levels were kinda high so we got lab orders to get his blood drawn on Saturday. Well, his level was still high on Saturday, so we had to get them checked again on Sunday. Sunday night the doctor's office called to tell us he needed to be on the lights for his jaundice. Home care brought up the lights and he stayed on them for a few days.
He went to a one week check up on Wednesday, and got labs agian. Later that day we found out his levels were going back down. So we sent the lights back. He is doing good. And he is starting to get bigger. I'm so glad that my sweet mom was here to help me deal with the stress of going to town everyday. And to help around the house. It is hard, but very very worth it. Thanks mom for your help.
5 comments:
He is so cute Heidi! I can't wait to hold him. I will be his favorite Aunt Norine. We will see you Thursday I think.
Oh he is adorable Heidi! I'm sure glad everything went so well for you!! I can't wait to see him!!
I'm SO glad I was able to help out!! It's so worth it!! What a cute little crunch he is!! And I'm so proud of you...you're doing so well as a mommy!! You and Trevor are pretty cute parents to a pretty cute kid!! Love you all!
what a cutie he is
I miss my little nephew already! He is so cute and fun. I can't wait to come back in a month and hold him again.
You need to make him stop being so cute so that I don't want one so bad. :)
Post a Comment