Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Delivery... IT"S A BOY

On Friday June 10, 2011 we welcomed little Caleb into the world.  I was measuring small from around 36 weeks I never grew bigger than 35cm.  I started having NSTs (Non-Stress Test) to monitor the baby's heart and movement.  I also had a few more ultra-sounds.  On Monday the 6th I had a NST and the doctor decided to schedule me for Friday.  Then for some reason the hospital said I didn't meet "criteria" so I went back to the doctor on Thursday the 9th for an NST and an ultra sound.  He measured my fluid and it was good, so he looked at my placenta and it was calcifiying, so he measured the baby and he was measuring so small that I now met criteria for the hospital to allow me to be started the next day.  Right before we did the ultrasound the doctor stripped my membranes just incase I didn't meet criteria- hoping I would go on my own soon.  So...  In the new house we don't have very good cell service so me and Trevor decided to stay at my moms house on Thursday night so we would be sure to get the call from the nurse saying come to the hospital.  Well, at around 11:40 I was getting uncomfortable and just after midnight I asked my mom if I was having contractions.  I decided I was and they were about 10-12 minutes apart but they were really hurting.  So, I woke up Trevor at 1:35am and we went to the hospital.  By the time I was changed into the gown my contractions were every 3-5 minutes apart.  I was dialated to a 4+ so they got me started on my liter fluid bag so I could get it into my body before getting an epidural.  About 1 hour later I got the epidural and right after the epidural they checked me and I was an 8+   The epidural took so well that they actually had to turn it off for a bit.  Unfortunately the epidural slowed my labor.  They gave me pitocin to get my contractions going again.  I was dilated to a 10 around 530 but they wouldn't call the doc until 6 because my water hadn't broke and the baby hadn't dropped.  So, just after 6 I started feeling like I wanted to push... so, they called the doc.  He came in and broke my water and I pushed about 1 1/2 times and baby boy was born!  He was born at 6:29am.  He weighed 6 lbs 8 oz and 18.75 inches long.  He is perfect!

5 comments:

Shanley said...

Congrats! I'm so glad he's here safe and sound. I can't wait to take his pictures!!!

Rus & Bren said...

congrats!!!!

The Nebs said...

Congrats!! So glad to hear everything went okay! Can't wait to see some pictures!

lakeelers said...

Congrats!!!happy for you that he is here okay. He looks cute from the pic. I saw.

Ricci Harvey said...

Congratulations!