ALL ABOUT THE BOYS
Caleb finally started crawling about the middle to end of February. He is much happier now that he is mobile. He is much harder being mobile because he puts EVERYTHING in his mouth! I have taken multiple things out and found that he has eaten a few things (dirt clumps mostly). He is eating a lot more solids now and he LOVES solids. He will eat just about anything.
Last week he was had a pretty high fever so I took him to the doc and he had an ear infection and a horrible sore throat. So, he was on Amoxicillin, until his body became covered in a rash. He is allergic to penicillins (just like his dad and great grandpa). So, while he was horribly sick he was uncomfortable with a rash and severe bum rash. We switched his antibiotic and he seems to be doing much better.
Kelson is just loving life- playing and watching movies. He is becoming a pretty good helper. He likes to get Caleb a diaper and he will help put away laundry. He is also becoming very independent and more naughty all the time. He doesn't like help brushing his teeth anymore- which results in him eating toothpaste and brushing his lips mostly haha. He likes to undress himself before his bath. He has figured out how to put a DVD in the player, but he hasn't found the play button yet. He tells me "no" a lot and has really started throwing fits... I say "Let's go clean up the toys," and he will throw himself on the floor and say something like... "I want my milk" or "I need play with them" or even sometimes he'll just say "NO, i don't care." He is a challenge and he tests my patience daily, but I love him nonetheless.
We lost our camera, so I finally just bought a new one and I'm really excited about it. So, here are a few pictures- just cause they are so darn cute!
New Calling
Since we moved into the 5th ward we were lucky to not have callings for a little while... Well, I got a calling as Relief Society teacher. I missed teaching my first 2 times because of a funeral and being horribly sick. So, in January I got to teach for the first time. I was so nervous, but I actually LOVE this calling. I have to study more- which is good- and I learn so so much. Many people in the ward make comments and really contribute to the lesson. I am so happy in my calling, (although right before I start my lesson I am pretty nervous and wishing it was over) :)
Where's dad? At Work
Gardner drilling has been surprisingly busy this winter- good, but bad. Good because winter usually slows down and every company needs business to keep making money and stay open. Bad because the job Trevor has been working on takes him out of town- A LOT! He has been working out of town doing 10 days on (working) and 4 days off. Which means we don't see him for the 10 days he is working. It has been hard on Kelson especially. He asks so often and then answers his own question "where's dad?- at work.
1 comment:
That's tough on kids having dad away a lot but you have to put food on the table somehow. Kelson is getting so big and that picture of Caleb is so cute!
Post a Comment