Thursday, August 30, 2012

Catching up Part 1

July 20-24


Brett had a birthday on the 19th, we went swimming (already posted), but on the weekend when all the family was up we decided to do a birthday party.  Malorie made a swather cake and we had a pinata that Brett made.  The boys all had such a fun time swinging at it and picking up the candy.





The night of July 21st we went to the Enterprise Rodeo.  I can't believe I didn't take any pictures.  Kelson and Tate had a fun time together watching the horses and cows.  Kelson kept saying things like "I need a ride that bull" or "I need a ride that donkey"  Caleb liked watching he would point and smile, but he didn't like sitting still the entire evening.  It was fun and I'm glad we went.

On July 23rd, Brandon and Norine were still here, so we took the kids and went up to go swimming at the Reservoir.  Kelson is pretty scared of the water, and Caleb isn't scared enough- he makes me nervous.  It was fun to spend some time with them.


McCoy was so funny with this floaty. He kept getting in shallow water and getting stuck.

Caleb loved throwing rocks in the water to watch the splash
Kelson with a life-jacket and floaty and he still wouldn't let go of Brandon cause he was so scared!

The pretty view while swimming!
 We had a full Pioneer day this year.  It was way fun.  We started out going to the parade in Enterprise.  Kelson and Caleb loved getting candy.  Caleb kept trying to eat it with the wrapper still on.
 

  After the parade here we headed over to New Castle for the parade and lunch there.  We watched the parade- front and back haha (the parade is so short that after they go by they turn around and come back)  Then we just hung out and waited for the lunch.  Just before the lunch Kelson, with Clint's help, caught a gold fish.  He was pretty excited he had to show everyone. (It did die the very next day... luckily he wasn't to heart broken.)
Caleb kept picking up candy from this yucky puddle.

He finally got the wrapper off the sucker, but kept trying to eat the wrapper and dirt covered starburst!

 After the lunch we went back to Enterprise and took the kids to the races.  Caleb slept through them, but Kelson ran.  He thought it was fun and he really liked getting candy at the end.
He wasn't the fastest, but I would guess he was one of the happiest!!

 After the races we went to Andrea's house and said goodbye to Brandon and his family.  Then we cooked out.  Dutch oven chicken and potatoes it was yummy!  The kids loved playing in the sprinklers and on the swings.  It was a really fun day.


3 comments:

bliss' said...

I am so happy to see an update! I had started to begin to think no one is in the blogging world anymore, not that I finally joined! This is the reason I can not get behind... I would just never do it!!!

Erica Locke said...

I like that view too. Looks like you guys had a best kind of day! Your boys are adorable.

Emilee said...

Wow.. what a busy day! Thanks for the cute update! :)