Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The UNEXPECTED

Life is so unpredictable...
I have always sent Trev off to work saying something like "bye, love you, be safe" but I have never once thought that there is a very real chance that something could happen to him at work.  That he actually might not come home.  We go through life not living in the "What ifs?" and that is how we live!  We can't live in fear our entire lives.  We have to put our faith in God and actually live! But then all of the sudden, those tragic moments, the WHAT IF moments happen and we can't believe it.  We don't want to believe it.  Life seems surreal and unfair.  We start thinking if I had only...  We think how just one little thing could have changed the outcome.  But that is the same as living in fear.  We can't live that way... as hard and as impossible as it seems we can't dwell on it and if things had been differently.  We have to turn to the Savior and be grateful that through him we can get through our trials- whatever they may be.
I am a strong believer in the phrase "GOD WON'T GIVE YOU MORE THAN YOU CAN HANDLE"  I know there are times we think we can't handle this challenge or this trial, but we can.  Through Jesus Christ we can overcome all things!
When tragedy hits it is a reminder to hug your baby one more time each day, sing the song or read the book they choose, kiss your spouse good bye and never take for granted the wonderful lives we live.  We can't live in fear we need to just live.  Sometimes it is hard to do, but if crying helps (which I believe it does), then cry... just cry.
Hilary Weeks wrote the song Just Let Me Cry.  In explaining the story of why she wrote this song she said,
 "Crying is part of healing.  It is a necessary step in the process.  It doesn't mean we don't have hope or faith.  It doesn't mean that we don't believe in the Atonement or the Savior's ability to heal us.  It is simply part of the journey back to joy."

Just Let Me Cry
By Hilary Weeks

I believe that everything happens for a reason
we're not just tossed by the wind and left in the hands of fate
but sometimes life sends a storm that's unexpected
and we're forced to face our deepest pain

And when I feel the heartache begin to pull me under
I dig my heels in deep and I fight to keep my ground
Still at times the hurt inside grows stronger
and there's noting I can do but let it out

So just let me cry
I know it's hard to see
but the pain I feel isn't going away today
so just let me cry
Til every tear has fallen
don't ask when, and don't ask why
just let me cry

When I agreed that God could put his heart inside me
I understood that there would be a chance that it would break
but I know he knows exactly how I'm feeling
And I know in time he'll take the pain away

But for now just let me cry

I know it's hard to see
but the pain I feel isn't going away today
so just let me cry
Til every tear has fallen
don't ask when, and don't ask why
just let me cry

I have felt joy, the kind that makes my heart want to sing
And so my tears are not a surrender, I'll feel that way again
But for now, for this moment


just let me cry
I know it's hard to see
but the pain I feel isn't going away today
so just let me cry
Til every tear has fallen
don't ask when, and don't ask why
just let me cry

I believe that everything happens for a reason




One of Trevor's coworkers, Jason, was killed in a work accident last night.  He left behind a young beautiful family.  He left a beautiful wife, Lacy, and two beautiful daughters.  He was also a son, a brother and an overall great guy!  I can't help but cry for them today.  My heart aches for Lacy and her children.  I pray they can find comfort in the savor and continue to live, so they can be with Jason again.  He was an amazing father and husband.  Until we meet again.



6 comments:

Ploharz Family said...

What a beautiful testimony and tribute to a great guy. Well said heidi.

bliss' said...

Wait to make me cry... Again. That was said very well it is one hard trial but I to know we will all get through it.

Shanley said...

This gave me cold chills. Beautifully put. It is such a sad sad situation. They will all be in my prayers.

Ricci Harvey said...

I'm so sad about this and it doesn't seem real. I hope that Lacy can feel all the love!

Portia said...

Beautiful:(

Lynette Barlow said...

Thanks, Heidi! You have such a great way of putting thoughts into words. (And I think Hilary Weeks' song is perfect! Good choice!)