"When it rains it pours?"
NOTE: This is NOT a post for you to feel bad for me, this is my venting!
So, a few weeks ago Trevor was pulling a flat-bed trailer behind the work truck and going around a turn he turned a little sharp and bent a stop sign. "Oh well, it's still standing" so he kept driving. About 10 minutes later he gets pulled over "for leaving the scene of an accident" The cop said someone had called it in with his license plate number. He got a ticket! So, a few weeks later I call to pay his ticket, and the clerk says "this ticket can't be paid, he has to meet with the judge." We head down to traffic court.... low and behold the judge says he owes $614! WHAT?! For bending a stop sign and not calling it in?!?!?! Anyway, Trevor was quite mad and said he would seek legal counsel and come back. So, next Tuesday we will find out if he really has to pay the ridiculous amount. (By the way... the stop sign has since been pushed further in the ground and slightly bent back to straight. No way it cost $600 to fix!) Anyway... we have been trying to get into a house that is being foreclosed... it is going to the auction next week- hopefully it doesn't sale and we can put in an offer to the bank. We want a bigger house, so we have more property and more room for baby #2. Anyway... with baby #2 coming we don't have my good hospital insurance anymore and it costs a lot more when you have to meet a $2,500 deductible. We decide to cut back on our spendings- try to save more. Then we can get the house if it becomes available in the next little bit. So of course I forgot to renew my CPhT license on time... instead of it being $40 I had to pay $80. So much for saving. Then, today I took Kelson to the doc AGAIN. He has his 4th ear infection in 4 1/2 months. The doc suggests getting tubes. How much are those? Around $2500 and Kelson has a $1000 deductible then we pay 20%. And of course all this comes around Christmas.
Moral of the story... food storage and savings is for a reason... AND, I'm excited for this Christmas because other than spoiling Kelson we are going to save and remember the TRUE meaning of Christmas. It's NOT about the gifts it's about Jesus Christ.
I hope your Christmas is full of snow and not POURING RAIN!
2 comments:
Heidi,
I am so SORRY! When it rains it does pour. I know I have had my share of downpour lately. Hope everything turns out ok for you, somehow it always seems to.
Sorry about the problems I guess that having problems always helps remind of the true meaning of life.
Post a Comment