Yesterday as I was driving to work, I kept feeling the baby move. It makes me so happy every time he/she moves. It is a reassurance that he/she is still living inside of me. I love being pregnant. It is such a miracle. After Kelson was born I remember feeling a little sad that I couldn't feel him move, or see him move just looking at my belly. I'm not quite half way, and I'm going to embrace this pregnancy. I want to enjoy movement while I can, not later when I'm up at 2:30 am feeding the baby... so glad he/she is in my arms, but sad that I can't feel he/she move inside me. Some times it is easy not to be happy while being pregnant. I'm tired all the time, and it seems like no matter how long I sleep it isn't enough. I have achy joints and can't sleep comfortably, nothing tastes quite the same (some is good and some is very very bad). I just want to enjoy the little miracle growing inside of me and not complain so much, because I know that for a few weeks after the baby is born I'm going to miss this.
I'm kind of getting tired of saying he/she, but it seems worth the wait. It is like getting a birthday present months before your birthday and opening it. Then on your birthday you feel a little sad you have nothing to open. I'm excited to find out, but more excited about finding out in the delivery room! I do feel bad sometimes... when I call the baby an it. A part of me thinks it is a girl, I have felt a little different (which doesn't really mean anything) and i just have that "feeling." After we got the first ultra sound of Kelson when I was only 14 weeks pregnant I thought for sure it was a boy. Then after finding out at 22 weeks I wasn't surprised at all. So, maybe my feelings are right, but maybe they are wrong... Either way I am just hoping the baby is healthy and all goes well the rest of this pregnancy. I get to have my 2nd (and possibly my last this pregnancy) ultra sound on Feb. 10th. And I'm going to be strong and NOT find out the gender.
On a totally different subject... I just wanted to write down how great my in-laws are! They do so so so much for me and our family. Whenever Trevor works out of town I don't even have time to get bored cause I'm always entertained at their house and I don't ever feel like I'm not welcome. They are all so great with Kelson too. He is lucky to have so many great aunts, uncles, cousins (on the Barlow side), grandmas, and grandpa. I feel so blessed and lucky to be part of such great families!
1 comment:
It is such a miricle. I love being pregnant and feeling so connected with the baby.
Post a Comment