Friday, May 20, 2011

A Huge Relief

This post is mostly for journaling purposes. 
At the beginning of my pregnancy (13 weeks) I was complete placenta previa.  Which at that point in the pregnancy isn't usually a big deal because as the uterus grows the placenta moves.  At my next ultra sound  apt. (21 weeks) I was still partial placenta previa- which meant c-section if it didn't move any further.  Pregnancy wore on, and I had a small worry in the back of my mind...  Final ultra sound (34 weeks) the placenta was not in the way at all.  Not even considered low-lying.  NO C-Section.  I was so relieved to know that I get to experience contractions and all that.  Of course if you know me very well you know that the only contractions I'll be feeling will be before the epidural.
Now I'm down to the last month.  I'm tired and I can hardly sleep but I am so so excited to meet this little baby and hope the next 3-4 weeks flies by.  I am excited to know if it is a boy or girl, if it has hair, if it's hair will be red, etc.  Although last pregnancy I was started at 37 weeks so, I'm scared... I don't know totally what to expect- it's my first time experiencing contractions and having to drive to the hospital in labor... I have experienced Braxton Hicks this pregnancy (I didn't last time)- and they are getting a little more uncomfortable.  I know that my body is preparing and I'm SO SO excited for baby Gardner to be born!

No comments: