Monday, September 26, 2011

Grandma's Cookie Jar

My grandma was known for her delishous chocolate chip cookies.  Everyone loved them, so she made them often.  She would always say, "They aren't any good" 
After my grandma died I really was determined to make the cookies like she did.  You see not many people can make them taste or even look the same as hers did.  In about 4 or 5 days I made 7 batches of cookies.  On batch 7 I was finally there- they looked right and tasted pretty darn good.  So, since I had been making cookies all the time, I decided I better get me a cookie jar.  I ordered one online and it took a while to come.  While waiting for the jar I made a batch of grandma's cookies- they didn't turn out again!!  They sure taste good, but they aren't the right height and slightly different taste!  Well, after the cookie jar came I couldn't bare for it to be empty. I made another batch of cookies.  And now when the cookie jar is getting low I feel like I need to make cookies!  (Fun and tasty- but not so good for the hips)  Even though they don't look or quite taste like the way grandma's did, it is her recipe.  I love making her cookies because every time I make them I think of her- Even though they aren't any good ;)

3 comments:

Lynette Barlow said...

I love this post, Heidi!! I'm sure they're very good...whether they're like G'mas or not!! You're turning into your G'ma...and you can be mighty proud of it!! Love you!
Mom

lakeelers said...

Way to go Heidi. I haven't even tried.

Emilee said...

I LOVE that cookie jar!! I love the cookies that come from it even more!