Tuesday, September 13, 2011

THE UPDATE

I haven't posted much lately, and have lots to catch up on.  It is a lot harder to find time to post with 2 kids.
So here is the update.
CALEB IS 3 MONTHS OLD! He is so much fun. He is already learning to be a tough guy cause Kelson is everything EXCEPT gentle.  He is starting to really lose his hair now- which is quite sad, but he is still so cute.  He is smiling so so much and is so close to laughing.  He loves to just lay under his toys and swat at them.  He is a pretty content baby for the most part.  He is finally giving me the sleep that I want (knock on wood)  He has been sleeping around 8 hours at night for 2 weeks (except for 4 days last week).  He is still growing like a weed... He is around 14 pounds and such a good little eater.   He RARELY spits up- maybe 1 time a week (if that)- way different from Kelson who would spit up so much i always had 2 or 3 burp rags soaked at the end of each day.
KELSON IS A TERRIBLE 2 YEAR OLD!  He has recently started throwing temper tantrums... literally throwing them.  He throws himself on the ground and cries and sometimes kicks his legs.  When he isn't throwing a fit he is such a fun little toddler and learning so much everyday.  He is talking so much and has started making sentences.  In the last couple weeks he has decided that he wants to be held frequently- maybe cause Caleb gets held all the time? I don't know.  It is so cute when he asks tho- "Hold you, hold you"  He is getting really smart.  He can count to 6 but forgets 4 most the time.  He is starting to recognize letters, but he still calls most letters "C" "S" or "Y"  He loves to play with his toys and loves looking at books.  He absolutely hates nap time, but cries for bed when he gets tired at night.  He loves Caleb and loves to hold him... He has tried to pick him up a few times- luckily he doesn't do that too often.  He loves to try to share his toys and his food with Caleb.  He is such a great big brother.
TREVOR IS ALWAYS GONE :(  Trevor has been working out of town since July (i think)  He is pretty much gone for the week and comes home for Sat night and Sunday, then he leaves again.  Every weekend he says something like "what did you do with my baby?"  "He is so big and changed so much."  We miss him but glad that he has a good job right now.
THE HOUSE is finally getting to be more like a home.  I have decorated more and decided on colors to paint.  Soon after the rooms are painted and decorated I'll actually post some pictures.
AS FOR ME...  I started back at work 2 weeks ago.  Luckily all I work is 1 day per week, and I feel like that is too often to be away from my boys.  I have become quite the little baker... After Granny died I was determined to make her 'famous chocolate chip cookies' and after 7 batches I came pretty darn close :)  Other than some occasional baking I just do the usual spend time playing with the boys and trying to keep the house clean and work on getting it more decorated. 
Life is good and we don't really have much to complain about.

1 comment:

Erica Locke said...

Hallelujah for more sleep. Nixon just started doing around 8 hours too and it's nice. Hooray for Caleb! And fun he rarely spits up. Nixon goes through burp rags like what, its crazy. Here's to hoping the next one is like your second in that way too. Sorry Trevor isn't around as much as you'd like. I am always antsy for nick to get home and that is every day, so I'm sure by the end if the week, you're dying to see Trevor. You sound like you're doing good. I hope so!