Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thankful Thursday

(Stole this idea from a friend and from my aunt's facebook page)

I used to have a journal that everyday you wrote something you were thankful for and why.  I wrote in it almost daily for a couple of months... then, I slowly stopped writing.  When I did write, it really made me think about the things I have and the things I so often take for granted.
So... I'm going to try to write weekly about things in my life that I am grateful for.

Today I am thankful for my HOME.
       Today as I am thinking about the vacuuming and the dusting and other things in my house that need cleaned.  I can't help but be grateful that I have a home.  Cleaning the house is NOT my favorite thing to do, but it means that we have a roof over our head and a place to be together.  I couldn't imagine what it must be like for the sweet family renting our other house because they lost their home to a fire.  Yes, today I am thankful for my home.

What are you thankful for today??

2 comments:

Emilee said...

I love that you stole this! I'll be posting my thanks too..

Ricci Harvey said...

I need to start a thankful journal as well. Today I am thankful for Sophie, even though she's a pain in the butt, when she is being a pain she is dang funny.e