Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for my TALENTS!
I don't want to sound boastful, but I feel like I should be thankful for the talents that God has blessed me with. 
I have developed a talent in just the last few years since I had Kelson.  I took up sewing as a hobby.  Even though, I am not that great at it, I am thankful I can sew the basics.  I have been able to make some pretty fun things.  Yesterday I made seat belt pillows (yes, this is a pinterest find).  Kelson thought it was a pretty fun thing.
I also am so grateful that I can cook/bake some foods... I love making grandma's cookies!  Eating a delicious chocolate chip cookie can make any day great!
I also am grateful that I have enough talent to keep my garden alive!  I love eating the fresh peas from the garden and lately we have been picking zucchini and squash nearly everyday!
So... even though, there are days (all the time) that I feel inadequate or like a failure- I am grateful for the handful of talents that I do have.  I know that comparing myself to others is NOT what I should be doing.  I should be grateful for the talents that God gave me, and use them to the best that I can.

What are you thankful for today??

2 comments:

lakeelers said...

Good for you Heidi. You are talented.

Lynette Barlow said...

I am thankful that I have wonderful talented children!! You're awesome! <3