Monday, September 16, 2013

The debate...

Ever since the day we had an ultrasound and found out we were having twins I told Trev, "we are finding out the genders"... normally he begs and pleads not to find out.  So, I though he was all on board with not finding out.  Well, Saturday when my mom was up here she said something like "it'll be easier to prepare when you know what they are."  And Trev says... We aren't finding out!  EXCUSE ME WHAT?!?!?!  So then later that evening me and Trev talk about it and he says he doesn't want to find out.  "Think how fun it would be to find out when they are born!"  He said.  Well, yes it is way fun to wait, but with having two babies and NOT much girl stuff it makes me nervous to not find out! (Trev says I can buy stuff for both/either gender to get a little more prepared- thanks babe, but this doesn't fully convince me!) Trev doesn't want to find out.... and I am having a debate within myself as to if we should. How about a compromise.... how you wonder?!  I think we should ask the doc at our ultra sound if the babies are the same gender?!  If they aren't we know we are having a boy and girl.  If they are... we still don't know if it is boys or girls.  Not totally up to us if we find out....
What do you guys think?  Find out genders?  Find out if they are the same gender? or Find out nothing until birth?  Sound of in the comments!

Just for fun....
14 weeks - starting to show!!

8 comments:

Hulet's Gone Haywire said...

I think it would be fun to get the surprise at birth! But, then again, it would be soooo hard to be unprepared when they come! I guess maybe since you get all the excitement of growing those cute red headed babies:), maybe give trev the excitement of finding out at birth :)

Andrea said...

FIND OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to know!!!! At least find out if it's one of each! Because if it's not...it's probably boys. :)

Bollinger Family said...

Well, I don't think I could wait to find out but I think it is super fun to wait to find out. This is a tough one. I do know that when we adopted both of our boys we had nothing, and I mean nothing bought for them. Jared wouldn't let me prepare because he said I'd be sad if it fell through. It is really easy to go on a big shopping spree once they are here and get what you need. So, bottom line is I see both of your points of view and you are going to have to make a tough decision. Good luck with that!

Lynette Barlow said...

I say find out and don't tell Trevor! ;) Ha ha!! I think you need a little prep time ahead...emotionally, as well as physically!! Furthermore, you won't have the time, money, or the energy to go on a big shopping spree right afterwards!! I didn't know what any of my babies were going to be ahead of time, EXCEPT that one of the twins was a boy...and after two girls, I was really grateful to know that!! And hey...Kelson says they are girls. If they are not, it's not very nice to let him go on thinking that way!! Yes...I'm definitely with Andrea on this one! Besides, this G'ma wants to start buying little things, and it's much easier to want to buy things in two, when you know what the two will be!! :)

Unknown said...

oh man. That has got to be sooo hard. I would go super crazy not knowing. One of the fun parts of pregnancy for me is getting all the stuff prepared. It helps take my mind off of what is happening to my body. I could see how for him it would be super fun to not know. Gives him a little more excitment through it all! If he is willing to let you spend the money preparing for both then that would make me a little more comfotable with the idea. You can always return stuff it's just a pain. I would say go for the doc telling you if it's one of each! Best of Luck!

bliss' said...

FIND OUT!!! I just like to be prepared and I think it would be a lot less stressful if you did know. H
Trev got his way before so now it is your turn! Maybe you could just ask the Dr. If one is a girl then that would just cure it!

Misty truman said...

I found out and so glad I did. We were not going to this time but when we found out it was twins we decided to. Believe me there are enough surprises having twins that it is nice to know. Congrats by the way. You are in for a wild ride;)

Shanley said...

I would definitely find out! You were surprised for the other two right?? I can't remember, but to me twins is a surprise enough. If at least one is a girl it would be way fun for you to prepare now. Good luck! I am so excited for you :)