Saturday, January 4, 2014

30 week Milestone!!


How far along?  30 weeks 2 days
Weight Gain? around 24 pounds (discovered at last appt that my scale is off from doc scale- I didn't really gain 6 pounds in 2 weeks)
Stretch Marks?  I am starting to get a couple really small ones, but my skin hurts and itches like it is stretching.
Belly button in or out?  Still out and somehow even more out than 2 weeks ago
Movement?  Lots of movement and it is big and sometimes it hurts.
Milestones?  I am over 30 weeks- which I feel like is a great accomplishment for twins pregnancy.  Doctor told me when  I get to 30 weeks to stay off my feet as much as possible and to try to take 2-3 hour rests twice a day.  Light bed rest isn't easy for me, but I know it is what the babies need so I am trying to contain myself.
Sleep?  It seems like about every couple of nights I get really good rest and only wake up for the bathroom or in pain 2 or 3 times a night.  Then there are the more frequent nights where falling asleep is hard cause I'm so uncomfortable and I wake up around 4 times on average to use the bathroom.  Getting in and out of bed is becoming a huge challenge.
Miss anything?  I miss sleep, and having no back or hip pain.  I also miss sitting in the van and not having Braxton hicks. (Almost all trips longer than 10 min in the van make me have braxton hicks and very uncomfortable)
Symptoms?  Braxton Hicks, lower back pain getting worse.  Pelvic pain starting.  Just overall twin pregnancy un-comfortableness!
Best moment this week?  Yesterday Caleb and Kelson decided it was fun to give the babies kisses.  Now at random times they come kiss my belly.  Also got some "nesting" time before light bed rest actually started.  The nursery is almost completely finished and I am really excited about it.
The organized closet.  I do have more clothes than what is hanging, they are all in the drawers except the new stuff still on hangers.

Need to get the crib skirt on.  (the tissue balls were supposed to be gray, but look kinda black- oh well)
This sign will hang above the crib.

What I'm looking forward to this week?  Lots of resting and taking it easy.  I'm excited to watch the Doris Day DVDs that Trev gave me for Christmas.  He is making bed rest seem funner!  Me and the boys are all sick, so hopefully just taking it easy and staying in will help us get better faster.
Other random things to share?  I am still hope full that baby boy will turn to head down position.  My doc is leaning towards c section unless both babies are head down.  There is risks to both c-section and breech delivery.  I want what is best for my baby girl and boy, but I sure hope I can avoid c-section!
I feel like I am super hungry all the time... I can't go over 2 hours without wanting to eat something.

No comments: