Last Saturday (June 21st) I gave Leah a bath and laid her down to play on the floor. Next it is time for Noah's bath. When I was getting all the bath stuff cleaned up Leah had rolled onto her tummy and was getting fussy. Her helpful brother Kelson tried to roll her back to her back, but what he didn't realize was he was rolling her right on top of her own arm. She was screaming and wouldn't calm down so I worried she had dislocated her shoulder... she started moving it a little and acting more content so I decided to just watch her throughout the weekend. On Monday night she was laughing so much and we were just enjoying her. She was sitting on Trevor and then she started to get fussy and she started to arch her back which made her almost fall, so Trev grabbed her at the armpit to catch her and sit her up again. She started screaming and didn't want to move her arm and just wouldn't calm down. We gave her Tylenol and put her to bed and decided to watch her over the next few days to see if this would happen again or see if she was favoring her arm. I took her in to the doctor today and sure enough... she has a green-stick fracture at the top of her humerus. Poor little thing broke her arm at 4 1/2 months!! Well, they don't actually make slings for 4 1/2 month old babies for broken shoulders/or arms- SOO she is in long sleeves with pins holding her arm in place for part of the summer. Good thing she is a tough little thing! Getting the x-ray done was like torture and I felt so bad for my sweet little girl. She is going to wish she could move her arm more than she can and it could be a long couple of weeks. And, she sleeps on her tummy so nights might be longer than we are used to. Here is to hoping her arm heals quick!!!
1 comment:
Oh my gosh how sad! I'm glad you posted this, I always got nervous about something like this happening but wasn't sure if it actually could. Hope that sweet little girl gets all healed up soon!
Post a Comment