Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thankful Days 19 & 20

Today I'm Thankful for MY SENSES!
I'm so glad that I have the gift of sight, sound, touch, smell, and taste!
Every morning I wake up first to Trevor's alarm (at this point I'm not so grateful for the gift of sound), but then I get to wake up to the beautiful sound of Kelson's voice!  I love hearing him in his crib "momma, momma?"  How can I start out my day bad when that is what I hear.  Next I get to see his cute chubby cheeks and bright smile.  Of course I'm not always grateful for the gift of smell first thing in the morning... a child can be pretty stinky, so can Trevor when he gets home from work!!  Although I do LOVE the smell of rain, dinner cooking, and a freshly bathed Kelson.  And who doesn't love food?!?!  But if you couldn't taste the food it wouldn't hardly be worth eating!
It's easy to wish you couldn't smell when it's diaper changing time, or that you can't taste when you put sushi in your mouth, but imagine if you couldn't experience the bad things.... how much would you really enjoy the wonderful senses.
Yes today I'm thankful for my senses the good ones and the bad ones!!

No comments: